Monday, July 18, 2011

Wknd of relaxation, ride (kinda) and festival..nice



The wife and I headed up to the family cottage this wknd....without family....translation....we could literally, just shut the brains down and we did a pretty good job at it:

As you can see from the pic....a lot of pure relaxation going on....was amazed to realize that I could keep thoughts of wakeboarding on this glass like surface to the back of my mind and just soaked up the day.

Sunday morning...my hopes to get my 4 hour ride in was quickly tarnished with two variables....1....the amount of black flies swarming and nipping me every time I dropped below 25 km/hr on the rail trail and 2.....a mysteriously squishy front tire that wasn't holding air....Decision to get off the rail trail to avoid being the first statistic...."Mountain biker found on trail...nothing but bones left from being eaten alive by this new breed of deer fly".

CO2 cartridges...didn't do the job to re-inflate..will need to purchase a proper epic travel pump..made the sheepish call for a pick up.


Oh well 30 k and about an hour and half of ride time. Will head out to some local trail this aft to get my last real ride in prior to 8 hour...weather is kind unpredicatble...whatever....just ride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment