Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yup...let the prep do it's deeds

I managed to alter what was supposed to be a century on the road bike with a buddy to a 3 hour, 50 k mountain bike ride. Fil is a true sport to put up with saddle time on gravel road, side road, and jeep track to enable some good ole fashioned endurance prep. We did manage to hit most of the trail through Collins Bay and did a couple loops of this sweet section in Parrot Bay conservation area. This is a great find...will most likely spend my time there for prep for 24 hour as it has climbs, nice downs and the opportunity to just Loooooooooop after Loooooooooooooop with a headlamp on ;)

Fil is, as I've mentioned in previous posts, the perfect training partner now. Ever since he bought his FUll Carbon Tall boy equipped with Sram XX and I9's...he's fast, smooth and....oh yeah....COCKY hehehehe. In other words, he literally tries to rip my legs off every ride.....tries ;) He also bought himself a full Carbon Cervelo R3 with Durace and Mavic Carbon Krysium wheels....this also translates into road sessions where he tries to rip my legs off.....tries ;)

All in all a great session. Unfortunately no stats as my Polar HR/CS is acting wonky again and Fil's Garmin lost battery after 39 k in...so the stats are left to my trusty back-up Timex watch:

2 hr 57 min
In zone 1 hr 31 min
avg HR 148..perrrfect
peak 178
Total Cal 2559

Plan...go out for a squeaker of an early morning road ride tomorrow, rest Friday, bring Mt. Bike to cottage and get a long Saturday spin in 4 hr goal.. and then just chillax for next weekend...blow the legs out Monday and perhaps wednesday..Recovery is riiiiiight on par with where I could be at this stage of the game..results from 8 hr will be the proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment