Sunday, February 26, 2012

Alzheimers....NO WAY..I DO CARDIO ;)

My weekend was....well didn't really feel like a wknd...hang on a second..it's Sunday so technically a wknd?!?!? Yesterday, plan was to drop Lauren off at a Birthday party and meet wife at gym for our Saturday workout....got to gym and took me a few minutes to register......damn winter....forgot my shoes!!!! So...off I went to meet up with a coworker half way to T.O to pick up some gear for what was needed for today. Kept the locus of focus once I returned back and punched in to the gym. Everytime i get on this crosstrainer slash stairmaster, I tell myself....RIGHT...I need to remember the name of this bloody thing!! I keep forgetting..is this early onset Alzheimers..not according to CBC segment the other day. Studies show, 30-40 minutes of moderate aeorbic exercise 3-5 times per week reduces the onset of Alzheimers by some...damn it...what was that percentage?!?! Anyways...alls good Punched in for a solid 30 treadmill run and 30 CROSSRAMP!!!! THATS IT!!!! and then made my way over to the squat rack. So, I arrived and the gym was dead....then by the time I finished cardio...all those punks that were out "clubbin'" last night decided to ward off their evil toxins and it always seems to populate the squat rack. The squat rack is kind of like the gym watercooler... a whole lot a posturing and not a lotta action. Decided to test the shoulder with some dumbell bench. Picked up some 45's and felt.......easy. Cranked off like 20 super slow eccentric reps and then swapped them out for some fiddies. This was more like it...this was also reflection time...the good ole days...remembering grabbing 75's and 80's for the same exercise. Should get back to this kinda weight in a few months. Take'r slow. Finished a couple sets and then gazed over at squat rack...yup...boys still reminicing about the previous night....found a prone hamstring curl machine...BONUS..NEW..this was lacking and glad to see it in the roster. Eased into it and caught a glimps of the Jersey shore leaving the rack...time to make my move Started easy with a plate a side..finding the 5 pound weights under heels help a lot...yeah yeah yeah FMS..tight soleus...blah blah blah. Added 20...another set and then another 20. Feeling good. Decided to do a 4th set strip style back to the original plate to fatigue...feeling every step today! Just checked into the hotel and will definitely take'r easy today...hot tub is a beckoning. Will get a hotel workout in tomorrow eve as this will need to counter the amount of sedentary yapping that I will be participating for most of the day tomorrow....come on Mr. Sun let's get this party started!!!! Quick mental snapshot...will participate in 8 hr solo's again this year....POPS..You in for support crew ;) Will stick to group 24...won't better my 3rd place in the OVER 40 category so....revell in this for a bit. Hmmm is that a budweiser I brought from home...why yes.....YES it is...come here big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment