Monday, February 20, 2012

Family Weekend, Watch not happy with me :(

I purchased a Polar CS300 from Ebay a while back and was pretty pumped at the deal. Unfortunately, this little bugger won't acknowledge "cycling" mode, hence will not pick up the sensors for speed and cadence. Will have to send this back to Polar to have this properly addressed....however has been a great motivational tool for the gym. Speaking of....the gym...Last time punched in seemed like a heck of a long time ago...why? A jam packed weekend of family activities bringing the kiddies to Ottawa for Disney on Ice, Winterlude (sans skating on canal due to poor/warm weather), Museum of Civilization, IMAX movie and beaucoup swimming every chance they got! This results in no huffing and puffing for Dad as locus of focus was placed on little people's fun. There was some discussion about punching in for a workout at the hotel, however, a visit to the "Beer King" in hull transpired into a rather large purchase of beer and some consumption Saturday night with our fellow travel companions. I guess you could call the 2 km run to/from car a bit of a workout when I realized I had prescription sunglasses on for museum with reg glasses in vehicle. So...it is officially "family day" and there is plan to spin indoors....I can't bring myself to stay indoors as the sun is shining!! Time to finish up this second coffee, get some breakfast and swap sedentary rubber into active rubber on both bikes :) Now.....which one do I take out?? Oh yeah....my monday morning watch message placed the subtle hint that I didn't meet my week's objectives. Instead of the congratulations message and a watch face celebration trophy icon........I get a Ying/Yang icon....hmmm, ain't technonology grand! Turns out swapping out home made spiked tires to regular rubber in a cold garage with cold tubes and tires leads to...........exploding innertubes. Change in plans....spin with Fil to Sufferama...good stationary spin nonetheless

No comments:

Post a Comment