Friday, February 10, 2012

*YAWWWWWN* Ain't Consistency....BORING!!

Back to back workouts at gym. Last evenings not so great as I had to hammer home from Picton and squeeze time in prior to taking my oldest to skating. Still managed 45 min of ~80 threshold training followed by some squats and hammies. Today was a killer catch up. Solid hour of cross and treadmill followed up by some back, chest and RC! Bench felt quite a bit better. Lat pulldowns are now the exercise to use as my measure of improved shoulder stability. Every end range rep feels......weird.....I know why.....cause my GH jt is attempting to jam my clavicle through my skin....who needs ligaments when fascia does it's job ;) As a result....loads o emphasis is being placed on all those juicy muscles that counter upwards translation of the humerus....hmmmm anatomy time...this would be Lats...big mofo's....T minor, T major, subscap, and I recall the supra to a certain extent. Still baffles me that the supra is in tact...maybe I should get an MRI for fun just to get a good pic of this yardsale of a shoulder for a benchmark or...why bother..it's working. So.....entry for 24 is still not up and running online, weather is still playing with my psyche to transition to outdoor riding, but I've decided if no snow by end of weekend....off come the spikes and some leisurely rides on road (with mt bike) are going to happen. Invested in all this goretex and fancy schmancy gear over the years....can't use if for xc skiing soooooo time to re-invent my cycling wardrobe! Yeah yeah.........goal time.......still can't shake the idea of just having a blast this summer. Wakeboarding, general fitness, and perhaps........perhaps........introducing Jac to the world of Mt. biking.....I think this is a good plan. Time to get those little ducks following mom and dad on some tame gravel trails ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment