Friday, January 13, 2012

Gettin CRAZY with the Cheez WHIZ!!

Roads are in a state that risking travel with a caravan equipped with all seasons (work van) is.....well....just silly. Started the morning with a back to back RPM Spin and CX core class at my new hangout spot...Goodlife Fitness. Equipped an old pair of mt bike shoes, some smack you in the face smurf blue Answers, with some spd compatible cleats that I had kicking around and headed out. Now let's get real here....spinning is really different than riding and is really different than spinning on a trainer with one's own bike. But my heart rate monitor won't lie that it is a damn good cardio and anaerobic workout!!! Watch tells me, I peaked at my max of 187 and I think I would have one the "largest puddle on the floor" contest if there was such an event. After some high cadence...was comfy with controlled high cadence at 130 vs the recommended 139 and some fairly easy climbs at 72 rpm...the instructor mentioned that he was also providing a 30 min CORE exercise class right after....why not I said.. CX whatever or other was the name of this class..I was one of two male attendees all looking for some core punishment....I received it. Confirmed right shoulder is in need of stability work. Fully flushed and fatigued. A great session at the gym and enjoying my home office day booking subsequent travel days all over Eastern Ontario for remainder of Jan and Feb. Sipping on some green tea and check out these stats! 2 hr 7 min 1104 cal max Hr 187 or 100% avg Hr 132 or 71% In zone 100-163: 1 hr 47 min Consensus....these chicks know a little something about plug and play workouts. I think I may infiltrate a few classes a week considering the results from today's session. Snow Snow and more snow.....maybe some xc this wknd....oh yeah, have to get the three days of hockey done tomorrow first and perhaps another game on sunday if we win..a great wknd ahead...youngest gets back into gymnastics...always a treat to watch her rip around. Will get both these kids exposed to some DH'in on skiis in the near as well...back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment