Sunday, January 8, 2012

Loving my new workout partnah....Literally ;)

Saturday morning came quickly and a busy day was scheduled. My little dude of a nephew was turning 2 today and his birthday was being hosted at the grandparents house so, we needed to move quickly. Girls are quite happy to "go to the gym" now and enjoy playing with some other kiddies while Jac and I get our workout on! This is.....I can't explain how excited I am about this! I hooked Jac up to a HRM for the session and a pretty decent workout was had. No need to go into details...The usual kind of thangs inclusive of aerobic training at 75% or below for an hour and some resistance training. Got back into squats and bench today...right shoulder definitely let me know that there are no ligaments supporting the AC anymore, BUT was able to crank out some reps with weight that I would warm up with in my University days....can't complain and look forward to building this up. Will have to watch the depth of each rep though....

I think we will start to play with some of the group classes....Jac an I really don't behave in best of circumstances so it should be interesting to see if we can behave in one of these Body Pump classes....I'm already snickering just thinking about it.

Off to Ottawa today to get some xc skiing in. Bringing both sets of skiis....wax and waxless sets to try out the difference between the 2. Thank-you Von Trapp family lodge for such a sweeeeeet deal on a pair of their demo salomon xc skiis...luck would have it that they are the EXACT same size/model as my waxable set....this set will be the "keep in the van" set for the quick ski on return trip from Ottawa or Durham trips.

One more coffee and fuel up time.....starting to get that warm and fuzzy feeling for the bike again.....one step away from getting some number 8 1/2" wood screws and attacking an old pair of ritchey's. Need snow and sub zero for that play though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment