Sunday, April 8, 2012

Head in check.....CHECK!!!

Almost a year ago I ended up losing the battle with a mound of dirt that was positioned right after a down tree on a steep down. Right AC joint decided to fail to stay attached and I had to walk my bike out of the trails to meet up with my prospective riding companions for the day...Shaun and Tom. Immediate rehab begun day after at Kingston Athletic Therapy and the obsession to get back into full action had begun. Unfortunately....the mind, and to a certain extent the body, never did get back to proper reboot. Sketchy sections along ridgelines, greater than 3 foot drops, and any kind of log that had chainring catching potential on a downhill were usually met with some apprehension and then a quick release of a pedal....frustrating battles in the head for the remainder of the year. Recap and turn to positivity was the 3rd place result in the Hot August Night 24 hr event....confirmed there was some endurance in that shoulder. Season ended and was unsure about future of riding with the same intensity in years past.

A rather lengthy intro there.....but for a reason.....today marked the 3rd proper mountain bike session of the season. I'm droppin' like it's hot, chuckling at rim hungry cracks on steep ridgelines and cleaning anything remotely technical......Head......CHECK! Back in action. Body checked a tree while pinning it on the exit of trails while chasing Tom on the exit of CB network...confirmed that all is gooooood.

I think I got everything outta my system today and will now enjoy some lengthy road rides and some more exploring of trails around Ganaraska and Durham once I get my Garmin to help me out with the wayfinding. Kids getting restless...better bring them to the park:

2 hour 1 min
1234 Cal 35% fat
Max 178 or 95%
avg 143 or 76%
Moderate 20 min; Hard 48 min; Light 37 min

Plan....good ole fashioned workout at the gym tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment