Friday, June 25, 2010

Celebration of Life

I know I told myself I wouldn't blog prior to this wkn's event...'cause I haven't been riding, but it's time for a head check.

Last week, My grandmother had a massive stroke and is still recovering as well as a 92 year old woman can from such an event. My 24 hr tag team partner's Aunt passed away and will be attending her funeral today...

We have both decided that this wknd's event needs to happen, regardless of our family's events of sadness...probably because we both need this to reboot the head. I've decided that this will be a journey, not to get too flakey, but a journey, of self discovery and reflection about Life and to truly live every moment. Won't be too hard to motivate myself to stay in the mid ring on climbs or choose the "granny ring" in later stages to get over that hill. I will choose to ride hard and fast to assist my partner to achieving a result we will be happy with. Given the weather this weekend, this will be a true test of character and preparedness.....no worry about preparedness, now it's time to assess character.

My strategy.......Ride, pass on laps to partner, ride again, and keep riding. I won't sleep unless the body chooses no alternative...I will challenge any negative thoughts (because they come in waves) with positive reflection. In other words.....this is not going to be the usual mentality that I go into one of these events...."oh, I'll just hope for top 50 % and have some fun"...NOPE...the fun will be punishing my lactate threshold and my ability to consistently keep one hour laps for a solid 12 of the 24 hours that will be Raced...not RIDDEN!!!! F#*&% YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment