Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The count down to 24 hr Solstice begins

Work was mellow today, so mellow that I blocked off the schedule and coordinated a quick meeting in kingston to start my apres work a bit earlier than my usual 8-4. Puttered around, got an oil change at one of those quicky lubes (high km cars can take the manhandling) and prepped my body (with leftovers in fridge) and bike (already to rock and roll) for a little rip of a ride with my 24 hr tag team partner Chris.

We decided to just do a b-line for the trails and have some fun. Well, it rained all morning and these trails turned into a technical over the bar fiesta!!! I managed to dismount over the bars twice and Chris had a good three photo worthy dismounts himself...going over on a 29r just looks BIGGER!!.. The ride was hot man...so hot that I actually felt TIRED....came across three guys on the trails and did my best to behave when they all asked if we rode the local J&J trails....it's getting quite comical now, when I inform all those that ask, and it appears to be every ride now, of the bizarre treatment that this bike shop had instigated back in April of this year...anyways...the people are becoming informed and are just as baffled as myself.

All in all the ride was shorter than usual but effort increased as mental and physical abuse was increased with wet, sketchy and big over the bar dismounts. Stats:

1 hr: 24 min....but HOT
Avg 143 bpm; max 186...AhHA!!! at the age of 38 my max is 186 vs 182....I'll try and crank that up higher....this occurred during an end of run sprint with me vs a 29r on the road....yup, little guy won :)
In Zone 1 hr 2 min; above 19 min; below 2 min
949 KCal
21.6 km
15.4 km/hr avg spd.....slow and wet with max 42.8

Plan...get out Thursday, plug into some tunes.....maybe a road bike to shake it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment