Monday, June 28, 2010

Hang on...Wait a minute...ride...YES

I was assessing the legs and the body all morning, curious at just how good i was feeling. After doing a few loads of laundry and running up the stairs two at a time...it was confirmed...1.....I didn't push myself hard enough during the 24, that's a given...and two I need to go for a ride!!

Called the wifey to ensure i wouldn't be stoned to death if i didn't pick up the kids...green light..GO

Told myself I would spin easy and ensured I wouldn't go too long by only bringing one water bottle and it was warrrrrm. Legs were feeling unusually vibrant....hmm must be a tail wind...nope a head wind....hmm must be spinning in easy gearing....yup but still pushing 27 plus into a pretty strong headwind....curious..

Decided to do an out along Bath road about 15 ish k and then cut north on county rd 6..yup head wind all the way, which meannnnnns tail wind once I cut onto Taylor Kidd. Changing my stem to increase my bar height was golden as I got in the aggressive drops and started attacking flats and climbs.....now feeling really weird about not givin er in the 24..next time...

Got back, washed down a recoverite, shower, beer, and get dinner ready for wife and kiddies..maybe a little trampoline errr popcorn for the kids.

Stats 1 hr 9 min
avg 149.....good boy John with a 171 max.
In zone 51 min, above 17 min..once again...good boy..behaving
833Kcal
34.2 km
Avg spd 29.4 with a max of 62...yeah...full attack in drops pushing biggest gear
avg Cad 95 with max of 116 eh?

Plan, Mt with Fil....I just cleaned up my mt bike............oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment