Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Road Ride with the good Doctah

So, I've got this riding buddy who used to be a pretty regular riding partner who is now travelling all over this earth of ours and will send me a text msg out of the blue saying he is in town for one day and let's go for a ride. This being Tuesday, I already had a regular ride with my 24 hr partner, but due to the circumstances, tried to coordinate a threesome. Chris (24 hr partner) cancelled, probably a good idea given he would have been drafting us on a 60 k road ride.

The first 15 K was pretty much just a strategic route that enabled a parallel riding style just to catch up on life.....more HIS life as he was living it up and I was Mr. consistent family guy :) The ride was a nice reminder of the fitness foundation that is being laid down. Climbs that normally kill me and headwinds that normally sap me mentally and physically were no longer the case....MAN, I felt GREAT. This may have something to do with the fact that I had a massage earlier today that was supposed to be an hour, however after all was done turned out to be an HOUR and a HALF....pays to be in the rehab bizzz, a little chit chat goes a long way :)

Other than my HR monitor going a little screwy....HR was recording 104 bpm for about 5 minutes straight, when I know for a fact I should have been a solid 150...and saw a 224 bpm a couple times.....I'll just replace the battery...when did I do that last? and see how that worked. Ride was great, legs are flushed and interscap region is feeling like it was worked...not sure if it massage or ride related. Stats:

2 hr: 13 min
Avg HR 144; max 226?????
In Zone 1 hr 26 min; above 33 min; below 13 min??
1492 KCal
Distance 61.3
Avg spd 27.5 km/hr
max 51 km/hr
Avg Cad 86; max 108

Oh yeah.....came across a couple group rides tonight. Let me just say, Sepp's and TI Cycle were WELL represented.....a certain bike shop that appears to have some issues with KARMA was not.....

No comments:

Post a Comment