Sunday, January 16, 2011

9 k of bonding and skiing


It has begun..my wife and I are now two weeknds in of dropping the kids off and getting an XC ski in. Last Sunday, I intro'd her to a nice little 5 k of loop 1 and two loops of loop two with accompaniment from another guy, Shawn. I was pretty impressed with her piston like steady state ski with only one or two occasions of commenting on some breathlessness and feeling some hip flexor tightness.

Today's agenda was fourfold....one...get the kiddies tired out by skating at the market square prior to dropping them off to the folkds...two..to get me breathing more than what I had for Saturday and sunday due to this stupid cold. Two kids in daycare and can't remembering the last time I had a good night's sleep compliments to our 2 year old are the culprits....three...getting a full loop in of little cat to confirm distance with the I-phone GPS app....and 4...to see if Jac had it in her to increase her endurance.

Well, she surprised me....one tough woman...second time out and just shy of 9 k. What we did learn was that for an hour and a half of xc skiing we need SNACKS!!!!! It was a feeding frenzy once we arrived at the folks to pick up the kids and enjoy a warm meal...mmmm homemade pasta and this kind of fruit cake (better than it sounds) that is soaked in some kind of sugary solution...Stats sans HR monitor..why...I'm still sick and was going to just ENJOY the outing with my little woman ;)

1 hr 35 min
8.78 km
5.51 avg km/hr
913 cal

really it was just about getting out and the conditions are becoming....MIIIiiiint. Now, hope for sleep and recovery from this cold for tomorrow's spin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment