Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Running from WHAT!?!?!?!?!

It happened....awoke at 3 am to the sight of snow and lots of it coming down to blanket the gray and dismal landscape. Too excited to sleep by 4:30 I got up and shovelled the driveway and brushed off my car to find that it was the nice and fluffy kind....more excited I decided to try my way of running...this AFTER showering and shaving. Knew I had 30 minutes before crunching the potential for being late for work so.....plugged in and off I went.

First off.....fresh snow always looks great at early dawn....no early sign of sun but dawn nonetheless. Lungs felt great...actually, but know I am NOT a runner and opted for the "old man shuffle" End result a 31:45 minute run with an avg HR of 132 bpm and max of 148..niiiiice. Great way to start the day and the first day BACK to work. Tonight........snowing like a BANSHEE so hoping to entice the kids to some sled pulling and watch the snow pile for some XC skiing later this week *fingers crossed*

Plan - SPin tomorrow night.....kick everyone out in time for WJH game...Go CANADA GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment