Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fil is BACK!! Kind of.....

I was expecting a ripper of a ski today and after feeling quite bonked after hockey last night, resorted to some good sleep and fueled up with some advil, loads of a.m. water and an energy drink to prep. Watched the little farts gymnastics (Emms and Lauren are getting pretty good) and headed out to meet Fil at Chalet.

To my surprise Shawn was there as well...I recall telling him briefly about the meeting this morning and he gets kudos for makin it happen. So Fil looks a little sluggish....hacking and coughing....what's that green shit he's spitting out?!?!?! I quickly come to realize he's going through what I am hopefully getting over. Fueled up with some freshly baked Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies mmmmm and off we go. THe idea of doing the loop reverse was quickly squashed :( Pace was slow.....very slow for Fil...confirmed he was sufferring. After a fee km's I swapped out skiis with Shawn after the big climb on 3......will definitely be looking for some wooden planks for some retro fun :)

Ski was mellow to start and after confirming that Yes, Fil will not be rebounding, Shawn and I took off at a blistering pace....Good ski was had and about to bundle up the kiddies for a little sliding session. Tomorrow is a mellow ski with my beautiful wife and looking forward to a little chit chat without kids rattling scheming ideas all day long.

Time to pick it up a notch.....Monday and Wednesday's will be solid 1.5 to 2 hour spins and am aching to get outside on the mountain bike......No stats to report as I didn't bring HR strap or start GPS...last 5 k was a ripper, most likely threshold and first 5 can safely assume I was aerobic....the skiis are really feeling good...a tad more coordinated now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment