Sunday, January 23, 2011

Feeling Jipped

I was asked by an old buddy of mine to play in a hockey tournament this weekend. 60 bucks for three games...why not. We had two games on Saturday.......actually only one and I'll tell you why...First game was looking like talent on both sides of the team. Our guys were skating, breaking out, and back checking. Lost to last year's Champs, however, 4-3. Was looking forward to remainder of Tournament and that's when it all went..........a different course

I should have know from when I took my second shot that my old trusty aluminum (forget the pricey composites) broke in mid shaft with a slapshot in warm up....or the fact that the pace of the other team looked....ridiculously slow. Apparently, the boys we were playing kept drinking most of the afternoon and it showed. We popped three goals and things got chippy real fast. To save the drama report...a lot of mouth and some pushing, shoving, and crosschecking which eventually led to the ref and Linesmen, who were pretty freakin nervous at this point, to call the game with 6 minutes left and giving the win to the OTHER GUYS.

I chose to drive one of our guys to the hospital (4 stitches to the left upper cheek),to let the other boys blow off some steam by pounding some beers and hopefully they got all that shit out of their system to put their head in check for todays game. In anticipation that this may not happen....I'm punching in for a 10 k xc ski prior to, to ensure I get in a workout at least........

Plan for today recap....XC ski 10 k, buy a new freakin stick, and carb up for what I hope will be a good game against a team I used to play a regular game with. Let's see..

No comments:

Post a Comment