Friday, January 14, 2011

First Night XC Ski

Last night was the first of hopefully many night skiis at Little Cat with the mangy crew consisting of Fil and Shawn. Tempo was quickly established and was quite happy that Fil is turning into a data geek equipped with his heart rate monitor. Unfortunately, my i-phone stopped recording data after a km in......luckily I've got back up data from Timex...Stats:

12 km (estimate)
1 hr 16 min
In zone 9 min 40 s
avg HR 155....right at threshold baby...need to repeat lactate threshold test..
Peak 183 bpm; Min 73 bpm
1196 Calories
recover HR in 3 min dropped from 163 to 116...no bad

The boys decided to meet up for a beer post ski and I chose wisely at 11 pm at night to get me ass back home to rest as much as I could....given I seem to have a bit of a cold surfacing

Plan..chill with the wife, kiddies and a parent session...hoping to introduce Lauren (5 yr) to some xc skiing this wknd....hope she bites ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment