Sunday, February 13, 2011

2 Hr indoor session DONE!!!

As SC is approaching quickly and am hearing the training of our fellow travel companions start to creep up with more hours in the saddle, I figured weekends are now time to ramp up my own saddle time as well.

Frank, a regular spin and most notably night skiing partnah had bought and brought a couple more recent virtual training videos for our Monday/Wednesday Spin sessions. These virtual sessions are great aero base builders with a slight tilt to the regular scenary. The only downfall........mentally CHALLENGING to stay aerobic..but a great sense of relief when DONE.

Tommy and Carmen are getting some OUTDOOR rides in now with a glimmer of warm weather the last couple of weeks....me on the other hand prefer my trusty Giant Trance to stay firmly planted on the garage wall, free of salt and sand as I don't have the luxury of multiple bikes....sell to buy and grieve heavily with each sale....alas...it is what it is unless I win the lotto ;)

Was hoping to also get a ski in this aft with wifey.....but positive temps and waxable skiis tell me otherwise from previous experience with warm weather wax REMOVAL!!! I'll just wait for temps to drop later this week. Dillema now....regular spin session on or off for Valentines day....Im sure Fil is in.......Shawn as well......will test the waters with the wife today :)

Stats: From Volume 6: Tempe Arizona 2 hr virtual training ride

2 hr....and 3 sec
140 avg and 154 max HR (perrrrrrrfect aero training...could have pushed it to get an avg of 145 though)
In zone (110-155) was 1 hr 51 min; NONE above and almost 9 minutes below
1211 Kcal
Avg Cad 89 and 103 max

With all that time on the trainer I was also refelecting on past seasons and my expectations for next season.....My goals last year were to achieve top 50% of age group standing..pretty much achieved that. Considering training over winter...i need to raise the bar but "appropriately"...So here it goes....Top 30% in 8 hour epic series and perhaps a top ten again :) in the 24 HANSOLO.

Feeling weary...need calories and about to sell some XC boots via Kijiji....love that engine :)

2 comments:

  1. I like - and will try to hit the trainer tonight...going to head out now and see how the waxless skiis do with the +3c temps.
    Confession...I am not using a beater bike for my winter road rides - I am on my Superlight. I just insure that I wash the salt off (within 6 days :( )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I'm craving some outdoor spin time...will be shooting for a 7 day stretch as well on the trainer with hopes of a weekend enabling some favourable outdoor time on the mountain bike...need to repack my rear hub/freewheel anyway...might as well "dirty it up first" ;)

    ReplyDelete