Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday night Threshold retest :)

I was happy to have a crew including Molly a.k.a. Ms Consistent, Frank who brought a new recruit (welcome Julie), and Pat (welcome back :)) for todays threshold test tonight. This week is the week Molly and I have committed as a mini training camp for our own individual reasons. Let's get right to it.....a 20 minute all out effort(total 60 minute program)...felt good and was definitely at my threshold in my big and 14-12 throughout ;)

Stats:
165 avg....the "magic numbah" and max of 186
87 avg CAD and 114 max (just for 20 minute interval)

165 bpm is the only stat that's needed

And time to reflect........last test/first test in November yielded an avg hr of 157 which means I've increased 8 bpm....without monitoring wattage....I'll call that just a freakin improvement considering I also had my trainer at an increased resistance and was pushing the biggest gears I could throughout with a good cadence

So adjusted Lactate Threshold numbah...is 157 bpm or in other words....aerobic training is anything below 157 for aerobic power or 147 ideal for sustained aerobic and anaerobic is now anything over 157....yummy.

The crew were in top form tonight...Minimal groans and sinister snickers indicated all were having a good time even though Frank and Julie were purging the flu through every pore. It appears Frank may be back tomorrow....Molly is a given ;)

Time to settle in with the kiddies....load em all in the bed and watch "Dispicable Me"....hmm I remember the days I used to take advantage of that 55" Sony Wega with B&W surround sound in the basement.......oh well..I'll take movie night in our bed with two little bed bugs any day of the week.

Plan.....keep on trucking like the dead(the Grateful kind) indicate it need to be for the remainder of the week....I have to admit...I'm a little concerned with Molly joining if this consistent streak will EVER END...I may catch her fever ;)

2 comments:

  1. Frack! 165??? Thats 40bpm higher than my average. What gives? are you 20? (or am I 65yrs old?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOMMY!!!! The 165 was a 20 minute "all out time trial" pace to establish lactate threshold. As I don't have a power meter this essentially gives me my "numbah" with which to train...i.e. I now know what my "Blue zone is" for aerobic power training and my "upper level" for my aerobic zone...as it stands...anytime I get over 157..I'm going anaerobic...good number to keep in mind when we are doing those 4 hour climbs in SC BABY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete