Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Day ;)

After spending some good quality family time, I tinkered in the garage devising a method to putting Coach troy on the shelf, FOR GOOD, for remainder of indoor season. And then it hit me.....we've been doing enough of these vids now to just jam to some tunes. A quick scan led me to find my daughters white board/blackboard/flip chart to write some basic parameters for sessions and we are ALLLL SET. Now we can plug into some great tunes/vids of mountain biking and enjoy our sessions at our own pace. This is what it is going to be tonight:
The plan is to watch some Super 8 to a decent soundtrack and just hammer along to one of three programs that I've created....tonight will be Aerobic Power ;) Tomorrow....Anaerobic Power....Thursday..Aerobic Power 2....Friday...Recovery and Technique....Friday...get the idea :)

Those attending will be me......Molly and Shawn. Fil is in BC, Frank is ill, Pat has family committments (it is Family day after all), and Randal also has other committments. All I know is Molly, Shawn and Fil get gold stars with Molly taking podium for most committed stationary spinners of 2010/2011. Stats from tonight to soon follow..

The crew showed up early and we had a good aerobic session that essentially included a 15 minute progressive warm-up and then 5 x (4 min high intensity - 2 min low intensity) intervals...I added an extra interval and still felt like I was "cheating". I'm thinking tomrrow may be a Lactate threshold test to re-establish my training threshold.....I'm pretty sure Molly will be game for this approach as well. It's settled....that's the plan.. Stats from tonight:

1 hr
139 avg; 164 max HR
In zone - 49 min above 5 min and below 6 min
615 Kcal
Avg CAD 91 - Max 115

No comments:

Post a Comment