Sunday, May 2, 2010

30 k mountain ride

I love the fact that I can come home from work and hop on my Mt. bike and head to trails in less than 10 k of road /gravel. Connected with my partner for the 24 hour Summer solstice (tag). He was donning his 29'r Gary Fischer...man that thing rolllls.

We just mellowed out to some local trails and 30 k later, beer and a beauty dinner ready when we got home, compliments of my beautiful wife.. My 4 yr old on lap while writing and her bed time long overdue...will log stats later...I'm back..Stats:

1 hour 48 min
78% avg...consensus...ride harder solo...
96% max
In Zone 1 hr 33; above 13; below 1 min
1210 Kcal...easily replenished with dinner and on beer #3...I don't get paid to ride so....
30.6 km
Avg spd 16.9 km/hr; max 36.3

Actually came across three other riders today and zoning into the "perfect loop".... Am feeling like an ambassador regarding these trails which has made me reconsider the following...

J&J used to be a bike shop that I was purchasing the occasional shit from and would occasionally test their wrenching skills which pretty much sucked ass. As such, I used to pay an annual "Trail Pass" to have the priviledge of riding a 16 k loop out in Glenburnie. I am now consistently logging more saddle time on my road and mountain bike without the added hassle of having to load, unload blah blah blah my gear to get a ride in. Oh yeah, I've been banned from J&J for buying a Giant Trance at an alternate shop and OH SO GLAD I DID :) It is interesting to see just how many people are dissatisfied with J&J in passing on road, mountain and casual chat...amazing these guys are in business....bottom feeders in my opinion. Why the long rant....because it has come to my obvious attention that J&J has indirectly improved my ability to get more consistent rides in with longer saddle time and has indirectly provided me with better base training for this coming season. In that regards...thank you J&J and in every other regard....I'll refrain from what I really want to say ;)

Plan...ease into a weekend with a mellow Friday and a long ride on Sat or Sunday...may shake it up with a roadie on Sat a.m. and Mt. on Sunday...play it be weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment