Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer is here...sweatin buckets

WOW! That is some hot a stuffa!!

Hooked up with my buddy Chris who is my tag team partner for the 24 Summer Solstice. He is fresh off his SOLO Storm the Trent adventure and looking strong on his 29r Gary Fisher. We decided to head out from my garage and catch up with some chit chat about the weekend and exchanged stories, me from my solo 8 at Mansfield and his solo at the Trent.....now listen to this. He rode 35 K, ran 10 K and don't remember what he paddled.....Not my cup of green tea..I'd prefer to one or the other, guess that's why I don't have the triathalon bug.

Our ride was in a word HOT...nice to open the jersey and feel the sweat just pouring out after about 45 minutes into the 2 hour plus 35 K ride. The legs were feeling good...too good...may have had something to do with downing a red bull right before the ride and popping an Advil after Chris asked and took one himself...I know all too well, this trick riding with my good buddy Dr. Fil...he'd load up on Advil and near the end of the ride try to coax me into a blow up.....rarely happened ;)

The ride was a nice tour guide route, with me being the guide, of all the local terrain around Collins bay. Pretty happy to have the ability to get 35 K in without having to load up the bike and truck it out the trails.....Thanks J&J....once again another positive coming from their negative hehehehe. Here's the stats:

Exe. Time - 2 hr:08 min / ride time 2 hr: 07 min ( no rest for the wicked :))
Avg HR - 81%, max 101%....switching HR monitor to BPM and adjusting my Max HR on next ride....age adjusted is not accurate...I must be 10 beats above??
In Zone 65-85% - 56 min; below - 52 min (chit chattin); above - 19 min
896 Kcal
Distance 35.7 Km
Avg spd 16.8
Max 43.5 km/hr

No comments:

Post a Comment