Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ohhhh mamma...should I sell my road bike??


We packed the kids up and headed to the cottage this wknd. Golf clubs in car and bike on roof...how could it go wrong. Wife still continuing her positive streak on not giving me flak for getting frequent rides in...life is good.

So, yes...my pops is keeping tabs on my blog so I must give credit where credit is due...golfed 18 and happy with an 86 for the first round of the season...found my swing. Pops out drove me on the 18, and I knew he was going for broke as he was finishing his round with a 91. Not bad for an old guy of 62 ;)

Back to riding. It was the start to a beautiful hangover on Sunday morning and my headspace was how early do I get on the bike and where do I go. I decided to bring the mountain bike with me this wknd given the roads would most likely be full of similarly hung over people and I didn't feel like being a statistic...and that's when it happened. The cataraqui trail is about 6 k from my cottage door and what a beautiful stretch of canopied, marsh land surrounded, wildlife, heaven that was. My plan to ride back to Kingston from the cottage was pretty much kayboshed (sp?) with the fact that I was going to be spending the better part of Saturday morning on a golf course, so the plan was to just spin for 2-3 hours on this trail. Words can't explain how happy I was to be aerobic for almost three hours of smooth, sheltered, wooded riding....beats the fear of getting clipped by some yahoo in an escalade that is more concerned texting than driving.

Decided to bring the camera and take a few pics..even shot a video..you can sense how happy i was with the audio :)..It was crazy...you could see a window but you couldn't chase it down because it just kept going and going.....audio is a tad cheesy...was listening to some U2 on the Mp3 while recording the video...



No stats as i forgot my HR computer...probably better that way. Will definitely make it habbit to ride home or to cottage via this trail in future.

Plan: Hit the local trails tomorrow and ride with a my Tag team buddy on Tuesday to show him my "perfect loop" that is getting me fitter by the week. Time for a beer and a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment