Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lights not needed for Night Ride??

The plan today/tonight was to hook up with a young hot shot of a rider who I have had the priviledge of connecting with and rip a night ride equipped with lights. Well the weather was looking suspicious all afternoon....but funny enough.....not one time did I reconsider the fact that I was planning a night ride. The regular ride every second day is now as routine as breathing (thanks again to my wonderful wife). Interrupted the afternoon/work with a one hour massage...niiiiiiiice and looking forward to this once a week to help with training and prep for 24 hr events. Think this massage therapist may know what she's doing but will tell her to "dig in" more next time...she was mindful of the fact that I was riding tonight.

I picked up the kids and figured I'd have loads o time to prep for a 7:30 ish start...get a call at 5:30 from an excited eric who just finished convocation for med school and wanted to get rolling for 6:30...everything went smooth as buttah after that. loaded up and headed out and met him at trailhead for 6:30.....30 minutes later......he arrives.....oh well it's ride time. This is when I am starting to realize that my fitness is building.....smoothed out another new "perfect loop" that i am excited to get a few rounds in on Sunday...probably roll on the road bike, she misses me, on Saturday.

For now, finish my freshly BBQ'd T-bone, broccoli, wash it down with a moose green, and settle in for a movie (Invictus) with the wifey.....yeah man....life is good.....Stats:

Exe Time 1 hr: 45 min
Avg HR 142, max 170 bpm....In zone 1 hr 27 min; above 16 min; below 1 min
1170 Kcal....better watch the scale this week...might have to increase food intake
Distance 28.8 km
Avg spd 16.4; max 36.8

No comments:

Post a Comment