Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First night ride....kind of

Pretty charged up to go for a ride tonight but may have irritated my coworkers a bit when 5:05 pm came around and I pretty much told everyone..."I gotta go.." and ran out without consequence. All I could think about is in less than a week, I'll be recharging the legs and prepping for the 8 hour at Mansfield and I have yet to get a good 3-4 hour ride in.

I got a text earlier today on my way back from some ergo consults in brockville from a riding buddy who was trying to make a committment to ride on Thursday. I texted back that it was a no go but if he wanted to prep his helmet with lights we could get a ripper in tonight..he bit

6:15 we were off, lights mounted and a quick bagel scarfed down for fuel...weather was not quite decided on whether it was going to unleash or give us a window...didn't prep for wet weather gear in anticipation the bike gods were going to be watching us.

I was thinking of the "perfect loop all day" and.....it happened..I played tour guide and enjoyed every link to all of the major trail in and around Collins Bay. 2 hours went by before we got back and cracked that very important post ride beer.....damn....still just 2 HOURS...I have a plan to get some serious saddle time in this weekend...first the stats:

1 hour 55 min
80% avg 96% max hr
In zone 1:21; above 32 min; below 1 min
1338 Kcal...hence the beer and big plate of pasta I'm scarfing as we speak heheh
33.3 Km
17.3 km avg spd; max 44.7 km/hr

Okay...master plan..tomorrow rest as my wife has a function and i need to....parent tomorrow night. Friday, load up the road bike and get some hill repeats in with Eric at Fort Henry...I think I'm going to try and puke by pushing my lactate threshold to the limits...and the big plan...Off to cottage on Sat morning which means bring bike with me, pops will drive my car home and I load up the camel back and ride the cataraqui trail back..last time I checked it was plus 60 k wand with an average speed of let's say 15 to 20 km/hr...that should give me my 3-4 hour ride...DONE

No comments:

Post a Comment