Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chased the rain

Anticipating rain all day and had come to grips with a "recovery day".....wife saw me eyeing the clouds throughout the whole stoller session to the grocery store and she became wise when I picked it up into a breakneck speed walk that a riiiide was a brewin'. Got to love my wife for the support she is giving me....maybe she's loving the after effect of a calm and collected post ride John...

Decided to go light and beline straight for the trails. A perfect selection of lords of Acid and some old school Biggie smalls on the MP3 with a 2 hour bottle of perpetuum and I was off. Legs were feeling surprisingly fresh..was it the tunes...warm sun or all of the above?

I'm about 1 ride away from finding the "Perfect Loop"....found ANOTHER new trail and am feeling the bike becoming like an appendage. Was running out of my bottle sooner than expected and was just satiated enough that popping out of the trail became a good idea and that's when it happened...sweet bliss..

Came across 5 other riders whom I've met on trail in past and bid the typical small talk re trails, weather etc...and then decided to do my part re: J&J.....let me just say....feelings were mutual from all parties...didn't doubt for a minute that there are MANY dissatisfied PAST customers.

All in all, quick little rip...good to get out...rain clouds are building...I'll give it an hour:

59 min
82% avg
96% max
In zone 38
above 19
708 Kcal
17.7 Km
Avg spd 18.1; max 36.5

Ahhhhhh time for a beverage well crafted by the Polzaks..

No comments:

Post a Comment