Sunday, May 2, 2010

April 17th "Refreshing"

This last week was a complete "write off" as my wife was in T.O for a course, which meant I was the sole parent of our two girls....no time to ride, run, etc....She returned late Thursday and I was in Markham at a course for work and didn't get back until late. We had friends from Ottawa visit and we definitely challenged our Livers with some big ole King cans of fine European brew...

Hung over and feeling antsy, I awoke at 10 am.....10 am.....amazing...and got my act together to release the Trance from the wall, load up the Camel back with a litre of Heed and a bottle of perpetuum. I want the body to get used to this fuel for the quick approaching May 15th 8 hour at Mansfield.

Beauty 28 k ride reconnecting with Collins bay trails. The Heart rate was unusually high (obviously the body wasn't happy with my abuse from last night), but the legs were feeling flowy. Here are the stats:

1 hr 39 min
avg Hr 87, Max 101% (yikes)
In zone - 28 min, above 1 hr 10 min
KCal - 1345
Distance 28.8
avg spd 17 max 37.8

Plan mellow spin tomorrow, ride to work once next week, trail ride twice (1-2 hours), and RIDE DURHAM WITH TOMMY AND CREW NEXT WKND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment