Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sat April 10th I'm Baaaack

It was a chilly morning and was tossing the idea of road or mountain. Given it is almost a month away from the 8 hour, I decided to load up the camel back with 1.5 l and some cliff shots and pull down the bike. Did I mention just HOW MUCH I LOVE my new Giant Trance X2!!!!

All warmed up with appropriate gear and an MP3 loaded up with "Lords of Acid" (heavily recommended), I watched my heart rate to ensure I was less than 85% all the way to the trail head. The mountain bike cruises sooo smoothly on the road, the sun was warming me up, and legs felt strong. Got to trail head through a long and wet gravel road expecting to pop in to just turn around after experiencing some chain clogging mud........relatively dry.....so dry, I was able to ride the upper loop without dabs and a smile on my face. Still focusing on keeping heart rate down and getting used to new ride, I played with the rear shock and am really happy with the plushness of full open and firmness of propedal.

On my way back, legs feeling flushed, lungs more functional, I decided to stop by the LBS to share the experience. I'll spare the details....J&J SUCKS.....Stats:

2 hour: 20 min
87% avg with 98% max
In ZOne - 38 min
Above - 1 hour 28 min (chest cold......)
Below - 13 min
Zone 60-85%...
KCal 1724
39 Km
Avg Spd 16.6
Max spd 52.8

All in all.....great to get out. Plan....road or mountain tomorrow and Egg J&J on my way by ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment