Sunday, May 16, 2010

8 hour event a success

I was pretty anxious about this event considering the night before, in our hotel, I was popping Advil cold and sinus to help me get rid of this strange head congestion that I'd had for the past week. Also an onset of a dry cough was not a good start to the day. Quick summary regarding the event.

1. Love my bike...this thing just begs to let go of the brakes on any downhill and tracks like a demon
2. Burning lungs meant for a cautious day..and slow I was
3. Got 8 laps (88Km) in which is one better than last year's event...WITH being moderately ill..can't complain
4. Watching Tommy get podium...3rd place in SS category...truly magical and well deserved
5. Hot tub gooooood....lots of vino and one too many beers after an event like this........well, I wouldn't label it bad.....
6. Need to cut my bars down and......hmmmm brain isn't working too well today...here's the stats

7 hours of ride time
Avg hear rate...90%.....yeah....this further confirms I was ill......shouldn't have been that high at the pace I was riding and my max was recorded at 123%?!?!?!?!?
In zone: 1 hour 24 min; above 5 hour: 40 min.....no way I could have been anaerobic for that long without bonking...something strange here
5507KCal burned...including some brain matter I think
88 km
avg spd 12 km/hr; max 40.9 km/hr

Tired...took two more advil cold and sinus and plan on getting a well deserved nap in after a shower.....

No comments:

Post a Comment