Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mellow family time

Wife planned on meeting friends of ours to enable a play date for our kids with their kids. Destination.....downtown Kingston, about 10 k away. Getting antsy, I figured HEY, "Lauren do you want to meet Emma and Mommy at Alex and Sabrina's....we can take the bike stroooollller????" Lauren took the bait and off we went. Only 10 k there and 10 k back, but great to get the heart pumpin. The bike stroller was a hit and became a limo for Lauren and her little buddy to the park.

On the negative....got home and checked my email...Local bike shop emailed me and indicated, "I am no longer welcome in the shop, trails or at races" Reason for this email was due to my visit at their store yesterday on my way home from my ride (was on a high and just wanted to share the experience..) and was asked, "where did I buy my Giant" from one of the shop owners...told them, on the table, From Brant Cycle and got a great deal...it's the freakin truth..well.......apparently this was a big issue for them as the email also stated, "I'm glad you got a great deal at Brant because the commute to ride their trails is going to get expensive".

Well, I thought to myself.....wow....Kingston is a small town and this is really an offensive method of communication to a customer who bought a Rocky Mountain Fusion in 2005 from their store, numerous small items throughout the years, and donned their gear at a number of major events in the last couple of years. Quickly sent some emails to my old riding buddies who span and also highly represent the O-Cup and Endurance events.....

Unfortunately, J&J will not receive my $200 fee to ride their trails. These trails are exceptionally maintained by Rob Sangers, BTW, and is by far one of the most top notch guys you can come across on the trails....looks like I'll be buying some new cycling gear and connecting with some of the "old boys" to ride Durham and the likes this season. Also looks like the boys from "ride 4 life" will also be familiar cats as the local trails around Collins bay will now be my regular playground.

All in all.....super discouraged by a Local Bike Shop who has failed me time and time again....call this.....CLOSURE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment