Monday, May 3, 2010

Anticipation is building

The skies opened up this morning and unleashed a fury...for a couple of hours anyway...as the sun warmed up the clinic and everyone complained of heat, only one thing was going through my mind...WHAT A NIGHT FOR A RIIIDE. With the beauty of Facebook and texting one thing led to another and a riding buddy made a committment rain or shine for a ripper.

We ventured off with a goal of getting a 30 k ride in and a riide we had. Left from the garage and warmed up through Lemoine's point, bidding our usual hello's and tactful slow speed passes of mp3' donned runners/walkers (need to get a bell...not to self), and got to trailhead. Met up with a few boys I did a 24 hour (Solstice) a couple years back before venturing solo on these events and made some loose committments to getting some riding in in the future. My goal was to tour guide the trails for Eric and quickly met some other riders who I gladly took the passenger seat to a tour of their own...it's official...my next ride will incorporate the new trail found/toured today and will definitely find "the perfect loop" It has everything needed for training essentials, technical climbs, rolling features, and some quick descents with the option of picking and choosing some hill repeats to tweak that anaerobic and technical climbing.

With the sun dropping and being rewarded with a tailwind for the asphalt return back home, it was nice to roll into the garage and open a beer fridge to offer my copilot a refreshing beverage of choice...now my next goal...how to I manage to fit a couch in the garage for those post ride beers??

Plan...ride as many days as the weather will allow this week...work is crazy busy with a lot of out of town consults...may bring my bike with me to Brockville and ride Black and Decker on my way home...Yup...that's a given. Here's the stats:

1 hour 44 min
avg 77% max 92%.....pretty mellow ride
In zone 1:28; above 11 min; below 3
1135 Kcal
Distance 30 .1 Km
Avg spd 17.3
max 40.9

No comments:

Post a Comment