Sunday, May 2, 2010

Two weeks away from Mansfield

That was the thought that was going through my mind Friday and this morning. Packed enough water (1.5 L with Heed) and a bottle prepped with Perpetuum (2 hour bottle) and headed out with a grey agenda. First, try and find a good loop at the local Collins Bay trail and then pending on how well that went venture out via a bit of a roadride out to Parrot's Bay Conservation Area.

The loop at Collins bay is alllllmost perfected. Feeling the need to just keep pedalling, I turned left instead of right out of the trails and cadenced out to Parrot's bay. There is some DEFINITE possiblity out there. I'll make sure I plan to explore a bit more next Sunday when I attempt a 3 (hopefully 4) hour ride to prep for Mansfield 8.

Really happy with my bike set-up. Installed my Ergon grips with bar ends and dropped my stem/bars down a spacer on the stack...now it's feeling "right". Added another couple of pounds in the Fox fork and adjusted angle/distance of shifters/brakes.

All in all good ride and feeling freshly fatigued..stats:

2 hr: 10 min
80% avg
max is a little messed up...must have got some strange interference because 126%?!?!?!
In Zone - 1:43, above - 25; below 1 min
1514 Kcal...that makes up for the 4 King Cans o beer last night....clean slate :)
41.5 Km
Avg spd 19.1; 39.6 max

Not bad but NOWHERE near the duration of an 8 hour ride.....Weather may reak some havoc over the next couple of days..Mountain monday, road commute Wednesday, Ride Friday and Big ride Sunday.....HAS to be 3-4 hours....

No comments:

Post a Comment